Vampire's Crown Vampire's Crown

Superb! Here's some feedback. Story telling was excellent. I think the character animator has some minor areas of improving. From an animators point of view, i can see the key poses a little too much, and the overlapping action is suffering. This is just purely practice though.

This doesnt detract at all from your animation guys, you did very well, and great to see such high quality, great characters, design, modelling, texturing rigging and animation.

Great work, would love to see more!

Halo: The New Game Halo: The New Game

Superagge responds:

YEAH! ADmit it's pretty awesome! :D

Cannon Defense Cannon Defense

Awesome!

I dont really play alot of flash games but this one kept me hooked! Nice work! =D Really enjoyed it!!

Snowfall Snowfall

Fantastic track! Has a warm and great Christmas vibe!

Rathunas - Forgotten Tales Rathunas - Forgotten Tales

Excellent track as always Chris! Absolutely perfect for the genre and game and very soothing.

Peter

SoundChris responds:

Thank you very much Peter!

Strike (The Time is Right) Strike (The Time is Right)

Loving this track! @Xtremeneox is talking about the main theme from X-men: FC. Which has similar spiccato strings:

Your track has an awesome industrial vibe to it. This track blends aggressive percussion and chaos well perfectly together!

Enzer0 responds:

Thanks brotha! You made it all possible. Heh heh.

Concept Maelstrom 2 Concept Maelstrom 2

It's an interesting concept, but there's some lines in it that don't quite flow to continue it's elegance. Vehicles have faces, and you should keep this in mind when designing. The Line up around the front of the light coming around to the body of the car is really harsh and rigid and would have been better working into the body work. The back of the car is also looking a bit off around the rear wheel arch, it would benefit from a beefier shape around the arch of the wheel.

I also suggest watching your topology, and push yourself for smoother creation in your arcs for consistency of the model. Constantly test render, look at the car from multiple angles and importantly keep your panel gaps tight and close, don't let the geometry smooth down into them like the front of the bonnet here. Panel gaps should be a slick line down the car which doesn't impose on the flow of the shape.

My suggestion is find a high quality model of a vehicle, and look at the topology on it. Learn how we create vehicle flow and detailing and how we continue a smooth surface while having panel gaps, doors, structures etc. Then after studying the poly flow, create another vehicle, but do one that actually exists. One that will challenge your modelling talent, not your concepting talent. They're two very different skillsets, so before you start concepting more, do something which allows you to fully focus on harnessing your clean modelling ability. That means when it comes to creating a concept vehicle, it'll look slicker and much more professional.

And with every new creation, make it your intention to make a jump in quality and attention to detail. Ignore the surfacing, materials etc at this point. Get the topology spot on.

Father and dughter Father and dughter

Hi, HMD. I've recently taken a look at your art, and you have some good ideas. You have a few areas I would suggest looking at to give yourself a bit of a boost. Here are some crits to help you on your way. PM me if you're wanting any more advice.

When creating a piece of art, have some form of inspiration beside you. This can be your fav anime show, or a great piece of art that is close to you. At first when you put pencil to paper, or use Sketchbook Pro think composition. Never go straight into detail. Block out the body and a pose first. Many people start with the head. But my advice to you is not to. The problem with starting with the head is that a body then becomes an appendage, when realistically the head is appendage to the body. So give that a try.

As for techniques there's a lot I could go into.. But before I start to bombard you, I want you to take a look at this website. When I started creating digital art,a nd anime especially for the first time it was an excellent resource. You have a japan edge to your art, and I know this guy is american but the techniques are there for you to use all the same. So check out polykarbon it's a good website which will help you break into new areas and gain potential.

Stay away from bold colors. if you sample colors from other pieces of art etc you'll see that when they select colors it's never a full saturated color. At times there's more desaturation in it which gives impressions of light and darks. Once you are familiar with Polykarbon, and have done a bunch of new drawings hit me up again, and we'll see how you are progressing, and I'll point you in a direction of new materials to push you into new unknown territory which will enhance your ability. Good luck! You have potential, it's just a matter of unlocking it.

HMD224 responds:

thanks for the advice. in fact those drawings are old, i have new one that are improved. the reason i didn't upload them here is because nobody notices them. and what do you mean by PM?

Cathode Raybits Cathode Raybits

Totally getting down to this! Awesome!!!!

SinclairStrange responds: